Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Made it!

  Hello!  How is it that these weeks fly by when we are on vacation?  I got some work done this week - but mostly finished books and ran errands - per normal.

I am linking up again with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics
Let's see.  I finished these two books - so I "made it" through them - does that count? LOL!

This first book was amazing - she is such an amazing author and I have never been disappointed by one of her books!

 This Jennifer Weiner book was a little darker than I'm used to with her - but it was good.
Monday we got some much needed cleaning done.  We started the day off with some Jamba Juice - yumm.  Then we went to Trader Joe's and bought the cutest little plant - it's called a pineapple plant?  Then we went to Target and we bought a new cutlery tray which led to cleaning out A LOT of cabinets.  Got rid of almost all of my plastic containers (trying to use glass), and things that I didn't even know we had.  Got rid of expired food - how does that happen??  I found a cake mix from 2011 - ummmmm, yeah:)
Tuesday - watch out!  Alyson and I made a pie.  Yep!  We did.  If that's not making something, then I don't know what is.  We were so very proud.  And it was yummy!  We also babysat my niece - ack she is adorbs!  She was easy to babysit - all she wanted was Frozen:)
Wednesday we did a little more organizing - we headed to Home Goods and bought a canister for my cupcake liners.  Thanks Pinterest!  And Alyson found the biggest bag ever - LOL!  At the bottom she is watching a youtube video.
And Thursday I must have been so busy that I forgot to take pictures - LOL! *wink*wink*

Friday - Mike and I have kept the tradition of taking Alyson downtown to a little fair that our city has every year.  But she said this year she was "over it" - so I decided - why make her??  So they spent the day at Disney.  I told her to take lots of selfies - and she did!:)  My mom and I went to lunch and shopped.  I did miss going to a BBQ this year, maybe next year.
And this weekend??  Relaxing, busy, fun.  Just enjoying the summer.

I did finish a couple of school things - yay me!

First...finished another JBJ book companion - yay!  I love these books - this one is one of my favorites.  
{Link}

AND-----I updated an old Fire Safety set.  It was one of my first TPT items.  I have been wanting to update it for a while and I did - it is super cute and I can't wait to use it this year.  I added 23 pages!!
{Link}

That is it.  I need to crack open some of my pacing/planning guides to get a head start - but I think the beach is calling!  LOL!

Off to check out some blogs!!  Have a great one!





2 comments:

  1. Can that pineapple plant live in low light or crazy classroom temps? Looks pretty!
    Love seeing all of your pictures with your daughter.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a Heather Gudenkauf book, One Breath Away. It was really good, definitely recommend it. I will have to check out the one you mentioned. Thanks for sharing all your made-its.

    ReplyDelete